Holt County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Holt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Holt County, Missouri. You can contact the Holt County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Holt County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Holt County Assessor's Office is located in Oregon, Missouri.
Holt County Assessor Contact Information
Holt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Holt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Holt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Holt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Holt County.
- The Holt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Holt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Holt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Holt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Holt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 660-446-3329. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Holt County assessor's office at 660-446-3092. Please call the assessor's office in Oregon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.