Gasconade County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Gasconade County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gasconade County, Missouri. You can contact the Gasconade County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Gasconade County property tax due date
119 E. 1st StreetThe Gasconade County Assessor's Office is located in Hermann, Missouri. Hermann is the county seat of Gasconade County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gasconade County Courthouse, at 119 East First Street.
Gasconade County Assessor Contact Information
Gasconade County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gasconade County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gasconade County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gasconade County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gasconade County.
- The Gasconade County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gasconade County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gasconade County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gasconade County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gasconade County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-486-3100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gasconade County assessor's office at 573-486-3693. Please call the assessor's office in Hermann before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gasconade County Courthouse at 573-486-5427.