Dunklin County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Dunklin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dunklin County, Missouri. You can contact the Dunklin County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Dunklin County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Dunklin County Assessor's Office is located in Kennett, Missouri.
Dunklin County Assessor Contact Information
Dunklin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dunklin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dunklin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dunklin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dunklin County.
- The Dunklin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dunklin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dunklin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dunklin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dunklin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-888-1409. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dunklin County assessor's office at 573-888-4771. Please call the assessor's office in Kennett before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.