Cedar County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Cedar County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cedar County, Missouri. You can contact the Cedar County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Cedar County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
113 South StreetThe Cedar County Assessor's Office is located in Stockton, Missouri. Stockton is the county seat of Cedar County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cedar County Courthouse, at 113 South Street.
Cedar County Assessor Contact Information
Cedar County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cedar County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cedar County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cedar County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cedar County.
- The Cedar County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cedar County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cedar County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cedar County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cedar County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 417-276-6700-Ext.-3. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cedar County assessor's office at 417-276-2207. Please call the assessor's office in Stockton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cedar County Courthouse at 417-276-6700.