Boone County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Boone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Boone County, Missouri. You can contact the Boone County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Boone County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Boone County Assessor's Office is located in Columbia, Missouri.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Boone County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Boone County Information
Boone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Boone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Boone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Boone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Boone County.
- The Boone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Boone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Boone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Boone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Boone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-886-4270. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Boone County assessor's office at 573-886-4254. Please call the assessor's office in Columbia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352