Bates County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Bates County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bates County, Missouri. You can contact the Bates County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bates County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Bates County Assessor's Office is located in Butler, Missouri.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Bates County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bates County Information
Bates County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bates County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bates County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bates County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bates County.
- The Bates County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bates County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bates County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bates County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bates County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 660-679-3157. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bates County assessor's office at 660-679-4935. Please call the assessor's office in Butler before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352