Atchison County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Atchison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Atchison County, Missouri. You can contact the Atchison County Assessor for:
- Checking the Atchison County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 280The Atchison County Assessor's Office is located in Rock Port, Missouri. Rock Port is the county seat of Atchison County, where most local government offices are located.
Atchison County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Atchison County Information
Atchison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Atchison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Atchison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Atchison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Atchison County.
- The Atchison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Atchison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Atchison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Atchison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Atchison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 660-744-2948. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Atchison County assessor's office at 660-744-5948. Please call the assessor's office in Rock Port before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Atchison County Courthouse at 660-744-6214.