Adair County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Adair County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Adair County, Missouri. You can contact the Adair County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Adair County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Adair County Assessor's Office is located in Kirksville, Missouri.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Adair County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Adair County Information
Adair County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Adair County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Adair County Tax Appraiser.
- The Adair County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Adair County.
- The Adair County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Adair County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Adair County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Adair County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Adair County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 660-665-4423. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Adair County assessor's office at 660-665-0349. Please call the assessor's office in Kirksville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352