Walthall County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Walthall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Walthall County, Mississippi. You can contact the Walthall County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Walthall County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Walthall County Assessor's Office is located in Tylertown, Mississippi.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Walthall County Assessor Contact Information
Walthall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Walthall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Walthall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Walthall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Walthall County.
- The Walthall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Walthall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Walthall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Walthall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Walthall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-876-4932. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tylertown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352