Tunica County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Tunica County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tunica County, Mississippi. You can contact the Tunica County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Tunica County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 639The Tunica County Assessor's Office is located in Tunica, Mississippi. Tunica is the county seat of Tunica County, where most local government offices are located.
Tunica County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tunica County Information
Tunica County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tunica County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tunica County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tunica County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tunica County.
- The Tunica County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tunica County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tunica County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tunica County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tunica County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-363-1266. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tunica County assessor's office at 662-357-5933. Please call the assessor's office in Tunica before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tunica County Courthouse at 662-363-1465.