Stone County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Stone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stone County, Mississippi. You can contact the Stone County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Stone County property tax due date
P.O. Drawer 7The Stone County Assessor's Office is located in Wiggins, Mississippi. Wiggins is the county seat of Stone County, where most local government offices are located.
Stone County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stone County Information
Stone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stone County.
- The Stone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-928-4951. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wiggins before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stone County Courthouse at 601-928-5266.