Pearl River County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Pearl River County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pearl River County, Mississippi. You can contact the Pearl River County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Pearl River County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 569The Pearl River County Assessor's Office is located in Poplarville, Mississippi. Poplarville is the county seat of Pearl River County, where most local government offices are located.
Pearl River County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pearl River County Information
Pearl River County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pearl River County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pearl River County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pearl River County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pearl River County.
- The Pearl River County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pearl River County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pearl River County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pearl River County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pearl River County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-403-2300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Poplarville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pearl River County Courthouse at 601-795-2237.