Neshoba County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Neshoba County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Neshoba County, Mississippi. You can contact the Neshoba County Assessor for:
- Checking the Neshoba County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
401 E Beacon St Ste 107The Neshoba County Assessor's Office is located in Philadelphia, Mississippi. Philadelphia is the county seat of Neshoba County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Neshoba County Courthouse, at 401 Beacon Street, Suite 105.
Neshoba County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Neshoba County Information
Neshoba County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Neshoba County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Neshoba County Tax Appraiser.
- The Neshoba County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Neshoba County.
- The Neshoba County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Neshoba County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Neshoba County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Neshoba County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Neshoba County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-656-4541. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Neshoba County assessor's office at 601-656-5121. Please call the assessor's office in Philadelphia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Neshoba County Courthouse at 601-656-6281.