Leake County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Leake County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Leake County, Mississippi. You can contact the Leake County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Leake County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Leake County Assessor's Office is located in Carthage, Mississippi.
Leake County Assessor Contact Information
Leake County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Leake County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Leake County Tax Appraiser.
- The Leake County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Leake County.
- The Leake County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Leake County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Leake County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Leake County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Leake County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-267-3021. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Carthage before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.