Lauderdale County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Lauderdale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lauderdale County, Mississippi. You can contact the Lauderdale County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Lauderdale County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
410 Constitution AveThe Lauderdale County Assessor's Office is located in Meridian, Mississippi. Meridian is the county seat of Lauderdale County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lauderdale County Courthouse, at 500 Constitution Avenue, 1st Floor.
Lauderdale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lauderdale County Information
Lauderdale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lauderdale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lauderdale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lauderdale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lauderdale County.
- The Lauderdale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lauderdale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lauderdale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lauderdale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lauderdale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-482-9779. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Meridian before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lauderdale County Courthouse at 601-482-9746.