Kemper County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Kemper County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kemper County, Mississippi. You can contact the Kemper County Assessor for:
- Checking the Kemper County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
P.O. Box 188The Kemper County Assessor's Office is located in De Kalb, Mississippi. De Kalb is the county seat of Kemper County, where most local government offices are located.
Kemper County Assessor Contact Information
Kemper County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kemper County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kemper County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kemper County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kemper County.
- The Kemper County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kemper County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kemper County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kemper County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kemper County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-743-2693. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kemper County assessor's office at 601-743-9119. Please call the assessor's office in De Kalb before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kemper County Courthouse at 601-743-2460.