Jasper County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Jasper County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jasper County, Mississippi. You can contact the Jasper County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Jasper County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box 1047The Jasper County Assessor's Office is located in the First Judicial District in Paulding, Mississippi.
Jasper County Assessor Contact Information
Jasper County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jasper County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jasper County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jasper County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jasper County.
- The Jasper County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jasper County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jasper County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jasper County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jasper County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-727-4971. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jasper County assessor's office at 601-727-3469. Please call the assessor's office in Paulding before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jasper County Courthouse at 601-764-3368.