Hinds County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Hinds County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hinds County, Mississippi. You can contact the Hinds County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hinds County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
P.O. Box 686The Hinds County Assessor's Office is located in the First Judicial District in Jackson, Mississippi.
Hinds County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hinds County Information
Hinds County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hinds County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hinds County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hinds County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hinds County.
- The Hinds County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hinds County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hinds County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hinds County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hinds County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-968-6616. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jackson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chancery Court Building at 601-968-6501.