George County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The George County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in George County, Mississippi. You can contact the George County Assessor for:
- Checking the George County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
355 Cox St Ste DThe George County Assessor's Office is located in Lucedale, Mississippi. Lucedale is the county seat of George County, where most local government offices are located.
George County Assessor Contact Information
Additional George County Information
George County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the George County Tax Assessor may also serve as the George County Tax Appraiser.
- The George County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in George County.
- The George County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The George County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in George County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting George County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the George County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-947-7541. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lucedale before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the George County Courthouse at 601-947-7506.