Forrest County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Forrest County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Forrest County, Mississippi. You can contact the Forrest County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Forrest County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 1310The Forrest County Assessor's Office is located in the Forrest County Tax Services Building in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Hattiesburg is the county seat of Forrest County, where most local government offices are located.
Forrest County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Forrest County Information
Forrest County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Forrest County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Forrest County Tax Appraiser.
- The Forrest County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Forrest County.
- The Forrest County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Forrest County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Forrest County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Forrest County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Forrest County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-545-6130. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hattiesburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Forrest County Courthouse at 601-545-6000.