Desoto County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Desoto County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Desoto County, Mississippi. You can contact the Desoto County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Desoto County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Desoto County Assessor's Office is located in Hernando, Mississippi.
Desoto County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Desoto County Information
Desoto County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Desoto County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Desoto County Tax Appraiser.
- The Desoto County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Desoto County.
- The Desoto County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Desoto County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Desoto County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Desoto County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Desoto County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-429-1335. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hernando before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.