Covington County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Covington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Covington County, Mississippi. You can contact the Covington County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Covington County property tax due date
P.O. Box 1679The Covington County Assessor's Office is located in the Chancery Building in Collins, Mississippi. Collins is the county seat of Covington County, where most local government offices are located.
Covington County Assessor Contact Information
Covington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Covington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Covington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Covington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Covington County.
- The Covington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Covington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Covington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Covington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Covington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-765-6232. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Collins before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Covington County Courthouse at 601-765-8605.