Copiah County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Copiah County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Copiah County, Mississippi. You can contact the Copiah County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Copiah County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 551The Copiah County Assessor's Office is located in Hazlehurst, Mississippi. Hazlehurst is the county seat of Copiah County, where most local government offices are located.
Copiah County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Copiah County Information
Copiah County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Copiah County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Copiah County Tax Appraiser.
- The Copiah County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Copiah County.
- The Copiah County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Copiah County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Copiah County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Copiah County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Copiah County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-894-2721. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Copiah County assessor's office at 601-894-3026. Please call the assessor's office in Hazlehurst before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Copiah County Courthouse at 601-894-2721.