Coahoma County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Coahoma County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coahoma County, Mississippi. You can contact the Coahoma County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Coahoma County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
220 Martin Luther KingThe Coahoma County Assessor's Office is located in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Clarksdale is the county seat of Coahoma County, where most local government offices are located.
Coahoma County Assessor Contact Information
Coahoma County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coahoma County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coahoma County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coahoma County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coahoma County.
- The Coahoma County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coahoma County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coahoma County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coahoma County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coahoma County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-624-3006. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coahoma County assessor's office at 662-624-5179. Please call the assessor's office in Clarksdale before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coahoma County government at 662-624-3055.