Clarke County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Clarke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clarke County, Mississippi. You can contact the Clarke County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Clarke County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 616The Clarke County Assessor's Office is located in Quitman, Mississippi. Quitman is the county seat of Clarke County, where most local government offices are located.
Clarke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clarke County Information
Clarke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clarke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clarke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clarke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clarke County.
- The Clarke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clarke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clarke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clarke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clarke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-776-6931. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Quitman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clarke County Courthouse at 601-776-3567.