Claiborne County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Claiborne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Claiborne County, Mississippi. You can contact the Claiborne County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Claiborne County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Claiborne County Assessor's Office is located in Port Gibson, Mississippi.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Claiborne County Assessor Contact Information
Claiborne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Claiborne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Claiborne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Claiborne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Claiborne County.
- The Claiborne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Claiborne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Claiborne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Claiborne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Claiborne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-437-5591. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Port Gibson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352