City of Hattiesburg, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The City of Hattiesburg Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. You can contact the City of Hattiesburg Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Hattiesburg property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
P.O. Box 1310The City of Hattiesburg Assessor's Office is located in Hattiesburg, Forrest County, Mississippi. Hattiesburg is the county seat of City of Hattiesburg, where most local government offices are located.
City of Hattiesburg Assessor Contact Information
City of Hattiesburg Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Hattiesburg Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Hattiesburg Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Hattiesburg Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Hattiesburg.
- The City of Hattiesburg Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Hattiesburg Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Hattiesburg, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Hattiesburg about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Hattiesburg Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-545-4522. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hattiesburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Hattiesburg Courthouse at 601-545-6000.