Chickasaw County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Chickasaw County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chickasaw County, Mississippi. You can contact the Chickasaw County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Chickasaw County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Chickasaw County Assessor's Office is located in the First District in Houston, Mississippi.
Chickasaw County Assessor Contact Information
Chickasaw County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chickasaw County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chickasaw County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chickasaw County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chickasaw County.
- The Chickasaw County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chickasaw County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chickasaw County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chickasaw County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chickasaw County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-456-3327. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Houston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.