Bolivar County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Bolivar County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bolivar County, Mississippi. You can contact the Bolivar County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bolivar County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Bolivar County Assessor's Office is located in the First Judicial District in Rosedale, Mississippi.
Bolivar County Assessor Contact Information
Bolivar County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bolivar County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bolivar County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bolivar County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bolivar County.
- The Bolivar County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bolivar County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bolivar County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bolivar County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bolivar County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-759-6244. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bolivar County assessor's office at 662-759-3467. Please call the assessor's office in Rosedale before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.