Winona County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Winona County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Winona County, Minnesota. You can contact the Winona County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Winona County property tax due date
171 W 3Rd StThe Winona County Assessor's Office is located in Winona, Minnesota. Winona is the county seat of Winona County, where most local government offices are located.
Winona County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Winona County Information
Winona County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Winona County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Winona County Tax Appraiser.
- The Winona County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Winona County.
- The Winona County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Winona County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Winona County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Winona County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Winona County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-457-6300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Winona before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Winona County Courthouse at 507-457-6560.