Waseca County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Waseca County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Waseca County, Minnesota. You can contact the Waseca County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Waseca County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
307 State St NThe Waseca County Assessor's Office is located in Waseca, Minnesota. Waseca is the county seat of Waseca County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Waseca County Courthouse, at 307 North State Street.
Waseca County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Waseca County Information
Waseca County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Waseca County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Waseca County Tax Appraiser.
- The Waseca County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Waseca County.
- The Waseca County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Waseca County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Waseca County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Waseca County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Waseca County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-835-0630. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Waseca County assessor's office at 507-835-0633. Please call the assessor's office in Waseca before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Waseca County Courthouse at 507-835-0630.