Wadena County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Wadena County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wadena County, Minnesota. You can contact the Wadena County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Wadena County property tax due date
415 Jefferson St SThe Wadena County Assessor's Office is located in Wadena, Minnesota. Wadena is the county seat of Wadena County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wadena County Courthouse, at 415 Jefferson Street South.
Wadena County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wadena County Information
Wadena County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wadena County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wadena County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wadena County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wadena County.
- The Wadena County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wadena County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wadena County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wadena County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wadena County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-631-7628. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wadena before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wadena County Courthouse at 218-631-7650.