Wabasha County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Wabasha County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wabasha County, Minnesota. You can contact the Wabasha County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Wabasha County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
625 Jefferson AveThe Wabasha County Assessor's Office is located in Wabasha, Minnesota. Wabasha is the county seat of Wabasha County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wabasha County Courthouse, at 625 Jefferson Avenue.
Wabasha County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wabasha County Information
Wabasha County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wabasha County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wabasha County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wabasha County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wabasha County.
- The Wabasha County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wabasha County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wabasha County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wabasha County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wabasha County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 651-565-3669. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wabasha County assessor's office at 651-565-2774. Please call the assessor's office in Wabasha before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wabasha County Courthouse at 612-565-3001.