Traverse County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Traverse County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Traverse County, Minnesota. You can contact the Traverse County Assessor for:
- Checking the Traverse County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
702 2Nd Ave NThe Traverse County Assessor's Office is located in Wheaton, Minnesota. Wheaton is the county seat of Traverse County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Traverse County Courthouse, at 702 Second Avenue North.
Traverse County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Traverse County Information
Traverse County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Traverse County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Traverse County Tax Appraiser.
- The Traverse County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Traverse County.
- The Traverse County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Traverse County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Traverse County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Traverse County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Traverse County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-563-4113. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wheaton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Traverse County Courthouse at 320-563-4242.