Todd County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Todd County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Todd County, Minnesota. You can contact the Todd County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Todd County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
221 1St Ave South, Suite 200The Todd County Assessor's Office is located in Long Prairie, Minnesota. Long Prairie is the county seat of Todd County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Todd County Courthouse, at 221 1st Avenue South, Suite 400.
Todd County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Todd County Information
Todd County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Todd County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Todd County Tax Appraiser.
- The Todd County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Todd County.
- The Todd County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Todd County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Todd County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Todd County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Todd County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-732-4431. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Long Prairie before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Todd County Courthouse at 320-732-4470.