St. Louis County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The St. Louis County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Louis County, Minnesota. You can contact the St. Louis County Assessor for:
- Checking the St. Louis County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
100 N 5Th Ave W Ste 1The St. Louis County Assessor's Office is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Duluth is the county seat of St. Louis County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the St. Louis County Courthouse, at 100 North 5th Avenue West.
St. Louis County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Louis County Information
St. Louis County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Louis County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Louis County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Louis County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Louis County.
- The St. Louis County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Louis County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Louis County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Louis County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Louis County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-726-2304. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Duluth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Louis County Courthouse at 218-726-2000.