Steele County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Steele County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Steele County, Minnesota. You can contact the Steele County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Steele County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
630 Florence Avenue, PO Box 890The Steele County Assessor's Office is located in Owatonna, Minnesota. Owatonna is the county seat of Steele County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Steele County Administration Center, at 630 Florence Avenue.
Steele County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Steele County Information
Steele County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Steele County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Steele County Tax Appraiser.
- The Steele County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Steele County.
- The Steele County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Steele County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Steele County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Steele County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Steele County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-444-7435. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Steele County assessor's office at 507-444-7470. Please call the assessor's office in Owatonna before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Steele County Administration Center at 507-444-7400.