Stearns County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Stearns County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stearns County, Minnesota. You can contact the Stearns County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Stearns County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
705 Courthouse SqThe Stearns County Assessor's Office is located in St. Cloud, Minnesota. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Stearns County Administration Center, at 705 Courthouse Square, Room 37.
Stearns County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stearns County Information
Stearns County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stearns County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stearns County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stearns County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stearns County.
- The Stearns County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stearns County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stearns County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stearns County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stearns County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-656-3680. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stearns County assessor's office at 320-656-3977. Please call the assessor's office in St. Cloud before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stearns County Administration Center at 320-656-3600.