Sibley County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Sibley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sibley County, Minnesota. You can contact the Sibley County Assessor for:
- Checking the Sibley County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 171The Sibley County Assessor's Office is located in Gaylord, Minnesota. Gaylord is the county seat of Sibley County, where most local government offices are located.
Sibley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sibley County Information
Sibley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sibley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sibley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sibley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sibley County.
- The Sibley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sibley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sibley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sibley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sibley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-237-4078. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Gaylord before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sibley County Courthouse at 507-237-4070.