Sherburne County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Sherburne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sherburne County, Minnesota. You can contact the Sherburne County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sherburne County property tax due date
13880 Business Center DriveThe Sherburne County Assessor's Office is located in the Sherburne County Govt Center in Elk River, Minnesota. Elk River is the county seat of Sherburne County, where most local government offices are located.
Sherburne County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sherburne County Information
Sherburne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sherburne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sherburne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sherburne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sherburne County.
- The Sherburne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sherburne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sherburne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sherburne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sherburne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 763-765-4900. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sherburne County assessor's office at 763-765-4905. Please call the assessor's office in Elk River before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sherburne County Courthouse at 763-241-2700.