Rice County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Rice County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rice County, Minnesota. You can contact the Rice County Assessor for:
- Checking the Rice County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
320 NW Third StreetThe Rice County Assessor's Office is located in Faribault, Minnesota. Faribault is the county seat of Rice County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Rice County Government Services Building, at 320 NW 3rd Street.
Rice County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rice County Information
Rice County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rice County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rice County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rice County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rice County.
- The Rice County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rice County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rice County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rice County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rice County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-332-6102. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Faribault before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rice County Government Services Building at 507-332-6100.