Ramsey County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Ramsey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ramsey County, Minnesota. You can contact the Ramsey County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Ramsey County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
15 Kellogg Blvd W, Suite 220The Ramsey County Assessor's Office is located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Ramsey County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ramsey County Information
Ramsey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ramsey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ramsey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ramsey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ramsey County.
- The Ramsey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ramsey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ramsey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ramsey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ramsey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 651-266-2000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in St. Paul before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ramsey County government at 651-266-8350.