Pope County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Pope County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pope County, Minnesota. You can contact the Pope County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Pope County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
130 E Minnesota AveThe Pope County Assessor's Office is located in Glenwood, Minnesota. Glenwood is the county seat of Pope County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pope County Courthouse, at 130 East Minnesota Avenue.
Pope County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pope County Information
Pope County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pope County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pope County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pope County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pope County.
- The Pope County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pope County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pope County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pope County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pope County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-634-5728. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pope County assessor's office at 320-634-3087. Please call the assessor's office in Glenwood before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pope County Courthouse at 320-634-5727.