Pipestone County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Pipestone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pipestone County, Minnesota. You can contact the Pipestone County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Pipestone County property tax due date
416 S Hiawatha AveThe Pipestone County Assessor's Office is located in Pipestone, Minnesota. Pipestone is the county seat of Pipestone County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pipestone County Courthouse, at 416 Hiawatha Avenue South.
Pipestone County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pipestone County Information
Pipestone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pipestone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pipestone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pipestone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pipestone County.
- The Pipestone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pipestone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pipestone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pipestone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pipestone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-825-6750. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pipestone County assessor's office at 507-825-6741. Please call the assessor's office in Pipestone before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pipestone County Courthouse at 507-825-6740.