Pine County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Pine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pine County, Minnesota. You can contact the Pine County Assessor for:
- Checking the Pine County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
635 Northridge Dr Nw Ste 260The Pine County Assessor's Office is located in Pine City, Minnesota. Pine City is the county seat of Pine County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pine County government, at 635 Northridge Dr. NW, Suite 260.
Pine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pine County Information
Pine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pine County.
- The Pine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-591-1632. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pine City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pine County government at 320-629-5600.