Otter Tail County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Otter Tail County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Otter Tail County, Minnesota. You can contact the Otter Tail County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Otter Tail County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
515 W Fir AveThe Otter Tail County Assessor's Office is located in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. Fergus Falls is the county seat of Otter Tail County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Otter Tail County Courthouse, at 505 Fir Avenue West.
Otter Tail County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Otter Tail County Information
Otter Tail County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Otter Tail County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Otter Tail County Tax Appraiser.
- The Otter Tail County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Otter Tail County.
- The Otter Tail County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Otter Tail County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Otter Tail County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Otter Tail County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Otter Tail County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-998-8010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fergus Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Otter Tail County Courthouse at 998-739-4491.