Norman County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Norman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Norman County, Minnesota. You can contact the Norman County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Norman County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
16 E. 3rd AvenueThe Norman County Assessor's Office is located in Ada, Minnesota. Ada is the county seat of Norman County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Norman County Courthouse, at 16 3rd Avenue East.
Norman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Norman County Information
Norman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Norman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Norman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Norman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Norman County.
- The Norman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Norman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Norman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Norman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Norman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-784-5487. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ada before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Norman County Courthouse at 218-784-5471.