Murray County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Murray County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Murray County, Minnesota. You can contact the Murray County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Murray County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
2500 28Th StThe Murray County Assessor's Office is located in Slayton, Minnesota. Slayton is the county seat of Murray County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Murray County Courthouse, at 2500 28th Street.
Murray County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Murray County Information
Murray County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Murray County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Murray County Tax Appraiser.
- The Murray County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Murray County.
- The Murray County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Murray County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Murray County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Murray County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Murray County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-836-6163-Ext.-152. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Murray County assessor's office at 507-836-8904. Please call the assessor's office in Slayton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Murray County Courthouse at 507-836-6148.