Morrison County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Morrison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morrison County, Minnesota. You can contact the Morrison County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Morrison County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
213 1St Ave SeThe Morrison County Assessor's Office is located in Little Falls, Minnesota. Little Falls is the county seat of Morrison County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Morrison County Courthouse, at 213 1st Avenue SE.
Morrison County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Morrison County Information
Morrison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morrison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morrison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morrison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morrison County.
- The Morrison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morrison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morrison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morrison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morrison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-632-0100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Little Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morrison County Courthouse at 320-632-2941.