Le Sueur County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Le Sueur County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Le Sueur County, Minnesota. You can contact the Le Sueur County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Le Sueur County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
88 South Park AvenueThe Le Sueur County Assessor's Office is located in Le Center, Minnesota. Le Center is the county seat of Le Sueur County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Le Sueur County Courthouse, at 88 South Park Avenue.
Le Sueur County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Le Sueur County Information
Le Sueur County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Le Sueur County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Le Sueur County Tax Appraiser.
- The Le Sueur County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Le Sueur County.
- The Le Sueur County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Le Sueur County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Le Sueur County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Le Sueur County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Le Sueur County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-357-2251. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Le Center before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Le Sueur County Courthouse at 507-357-2251.